Oakdale Middle School
6th Grade Geography/Study Skills
Instructor: Mr. Lowe
Geography is a social studies class taught in the 6th and 7th grades. In the 6th grade students will gain knowledge of the regions of the Western Hemisphere; the continents and countries of North and South America, bodies of water and cultures of the areas. Plus, basic geography skills. Such as, using and comparing maps, location, place, human-environmental interaction, and movement and cultures.
Color pencils (small box)
Students will have daily assignments, and tests. There will be at least two grades recorded each week. At the end of each nine week period there will be a benchmark assessment (test). Late work will be accepted, BUT you will NOT be given full credit after one week, unless arrangements have been made with the teacher.
If You are Absent
It is the student’s responsibility to ask for any work missed when they are absent. Students will have two days, for each day absent, to turn in any make-up work. Also, assignments will be posted on Google Classroom.
Classroom Rules and Expectations
1. Be on time to class. If the student is not in class when the bell rings, the student will be marked tardy.
2. Students are expected to be seated at their desks when the bell rings.
3. Bring required materials/supplies to class.
4. NO cell phones in class.
5. No food, drinks or gum in the classroom.
6. Each student will do his or her own work.
7. Backpacks are NOT allowed in the classroom.
8. Follow the policies and procedures in the student handbook.
9. Each student should be respectful to one another. Even if you do not agree with someone, BE POLITE AND COURTEOUS.
10. The teacher will dismiss you after the bell rings.
You can always reach me by email if you have any questions or concerns.