Open Transfer Information
Welcome! We appreciate your interest in Oakdale School and we look forward to serving you. With the enactment of Senate Bill 783 (2021), the Legislature made comprehensive reforms to Oklahoma’s school transfer laws; namely, revising the requirements for accepting and denying student transfers and requiring school districts to set and list enrollment capacities on their websites.
These reforms went into effect on January 1, 2022, and made students eligible to request a transfer to any district in the state, regardless of where they live. Because Oakdale is a growing district, we carefully make decisions about student transfers according to district policy and state law.
- The Oklahoma State Department of Education (SDE) requires that an online transfer application be completed to apply for a transfer. No other forms will be accepted.
- Parents who need access to technology to complete the online form may visit our office for assistance.
- Previous school attendance and discipline records will be reviewed prior to acceptance.
- We may not be able to approve/deny an application in a timely manner if the sending school district delays sending us educational records.
- Transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade level the student is eligible to pursue must be under the district-established capacity.
- The district’s transfer seat availability information can be found in the link below.
- If the grade level is over capacity, transfer applications will be placed on a waiting list.
- Waitlists are cleared at the end of each school year.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance, and/or discipline issues.
- Transfers for siblings will be considered separately and may be denied based on capacity, attendance, and/or discipline issues.
- The law also gives preference to children of Oakdale employees, active-duty military personnel, and children in foster care.
- In order to offer current residents sufficient time to re-enroll for the next school year and for the school to calculate capacity, the administration will not approve or deny transfers for the next school year until after the July 1 capacity data is set.
- If a student requests a grade that is over capacity, he/she will be placed on a waiting list for consideration in case a seat becomes available.
- Transfer students are not eligible for district transportation services.
- Additional details are outlined in Board of Education Policies FE and FEF.
If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact the Oakdale School enrollment office at 405-771-3373 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.